My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://journeytosanctification.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Week 43


















Weight: 243.8
Weight loss in one week: 1.6
Total weight lost: 124.6
Average weekly weight loss: 2.90
Weight left to lose: 3.8
Weeks left at average loss: 1.31
Estimated total weeks: 44.31 (about 10.23 months)

I had a loss this week.  But I'm not happy about it.  Last week I would have been happy with a 1.6 pound loss.  But I had a gain.  This week?  I wanted a bigger loss.  I worked hard for it, but, alas, I didn't control intake as well as I should have.  That's where the Calorie counting comes in.  And, yup, that means that I'm re-instituting the twEATS.  It really seemed to help me break the unintentional eating that I do too much. 

The biggest bummer is that when I weighed myself last night after my walk, but before drinking all the water that I do and eating dinner, I weighed in at 241.8.  So I retained 2 additional pounds over the evening and night.  Bummer.  That's the reason for the disappoinntment.

But it won't happen again!

4 comments:

  josie

January 30, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Aww, bummer. But you know what this means? That you'll no doubt be at goal next week. Awesome!

  Shelli Belly

January 30, 2010 at 3:50 PM

One pound losses are difficult especially when you've been working it.

Chin Up! You've come so far.

  Anonymous

January 30, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I feel you on being bummed about the small loss. More to look forward to next week. Bring on the twEATS!!!

  Call Me Ishmael

January 31, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Hey Beej, that 1.6 lb loss is great! Good on you for pulling in a loss when you are so close to goal. It takes a lot of effort. You should be proud of you!

You asked me a while ago about opera. I'm a neophyte who doesn't know much about opera or classical music. But I really LOVE a good performance with live singers and action. So for a special night, we will buy tickets to some of the operas I know and appreciate: Carmen, La Traviata, La Boheme, Madame Butterfly, and so on. My fave types of opera are the romantic ones, done mainly by Verdi, Puccini and Bizet. But like I said, I'm a fairly amateurish fan and tend to like the typical crowd-pleasers. More sophisticated palates might like darker, more complicated operas, like Tosca, and so on. I like to read the main storylines of each opera before I go; chances are if you like the story, you'll like the opera -- depending, of course, on how the director has imposed his vision on it. For example, we are going to see Carmen tomorrow night. It was originally set in 1800s Sevilla, Spain. But the director has updated it to be in 1930s Spain, ahead of the Civil War there. The songs will be the same, but we'll see how I like watching it in a different era. It could ruin it for me, or make me love it. Either way, i still remain a fan of the story and the music. The thing to remember is that opera is fluid -- and much depends on each particular production. The Tosca you see in Seattle won't necessarily be the same you see in NYC, even if the actual songs don't change. In anycase, dive in and enjoy -- that's what I do, and I leave the niceties to those who have real musical sense. Me, I just like a good show, and a powerful solo that takes me to another place and time.