My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://journeytosanctification.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Today on Jeopardy!



No, I'm not on Jeopardy!...yet!  I did just take the online contestant test.  And I'm pretty sure I completely failed.  But it's fun.  I actually really like taking tests.  I did try our for Jeopardy! once before (for the College Tournament), and even made it as far as the in-person test and the mack game.  But no further.  And that's cool with me--just participating in it is enjoyment for me.  In fact, I like taking tests so much, one time I offered to take my friend's LSATs (nevermind the conflict with the whole ethical dilemma that would arise from such a situation)--as a joke.  And for three years, I took the Foreign Service Written Exam to join the State Department.  My last time, I was invited to take the Oral Assessment (the next stage).  So yeah, let's just say I like to take tests.  And I enjoyed the Jeopardy! test.

After taking the test, I went for a walk run jog.  I did the equivalent of a 5k, and I ended up finding the perfect 3.1 mile course!  I averaged 5.8 mph and finished in 32:18.  Not bad, not great, but way better than my first 5k (I think it was like 50 minutes or so...).  And I might change things to incorporate more running/jogging into my routine--outside of the gym.

Thursday:
1- 15 minute session on the Elliptical
1- 20 minute session on the Treadmill (2.05 miles)
1- 10 minute session on the Stairmaster (347 Calories)
30 sit ups
Walk 3 miles
Read the Bible Daily
Pray Daily

Total:
3- 15 minute sessions on the Elliptical
3- 20 minute sessions on the Treadmill (2.40 miles; 2.12 miles, 2.05 miles)
3- 10 minute sessions on the Stairmaster (331 Calories; 345 Calories, 347 Calories)
3 sets of 2- 60 second planks
5 sets of 30 second side planks (on each side)
210 sit ups
Walk 8 miles
Read the Bible Daily
Pray Daily
Date with Anna
Fast

4 comments:

  Call Me Ishmael

January 29, 2010 at 4:39 AM

Beej, do you jog in your vibrams? What was the Foreign Service test like? That sounds cool!

  South Beach Steve

January 29, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Okay Beej, I am kind of weird like this too. I don't like all tests though, but if I am remotely interested in it, I like taking the test. The thing that really gets my wife is that I usually do good on the tests, whether I know the material or not. She says I am just lucky, but I like to think it is good test taking strategies. :-)

  josie

January 29, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Hey guess what beej? Going on Jeopardy! is one of those things on my 'list to do before I die'...I like tests too. And trivia. And just learning in general...I'm very nerdy like that!

Great job with the 5k...your time is SOOoooo impressive! You have come a long way, looking forward to seeing you reach your goal. I wonder what/if anything you will change once you reach your weight goal. Will you have another goal to lose even more or will you go into maintenance mode? Will your exercise routine stay the same? Have you thought about this yet?

  Hua

January 29, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Looks like you had a good week of working out! Your 5K time is great! I'm thinking about doing a 5K sometime in the near future, any advice?

Best,
Hua
Director of Bloggers
wellsphere.com