My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://journeytosanctification.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

10 Things that Make me Happy



Kimberley tagged me for Happy 101. I need to list ten things that make me happy and pass it on to ten other bloggers. I don't usually do this, but I love the idea!  So, here they are.  In a particular order: they way they came to mind.

Spending time with my wife

Cooking a big meal for friends

Working with my hands

Reading & books

Seeing people succeed

A nice warm salad

Laughing (and making people laugh)

Good worship songs

A nice long walk

Pizza

I will pass this on to the following people who have made an impact on me! (Sorry if any of you already received it, but I had to do this one!)

Steve
Ricky
Rick
Josie
Ehren
Dani
Ish
Natalie
Seth
Shelli

Also, I want you all to try to visit this post by Ishmael.  I love what she says about her healthy lifestyle:

My goal is to find a way to celebrate my healthy lifestyle every day --- even the days that don't go well (especially the days that don't go well).

What do I mean by that, exactly? Well, it's very cheesy and self-helpy, but here it is:

There are things I do now around food that I would never have done before. And these are not diet tools. These are life tools. These are changes that I want to be permanent.

But seriously, go out to her blog and read some more!

Tuesday:
1 set of 2- 60 second planks
2 sets of 30 second side planks (on each side)
100 sit ups

Total:
1- 20 minute session on the Treadmill (2.23 miles)
1- 10 minute session on the Stairmaster (312Calories)
1- 15 minute session on the Elliptical
1 set of 2- 60 second planks
2 sets of 30 second side planks (on each side)
100 sit ups
Walk 7 miles
Read the Bible Daily
Pray Daily
Date with Anna
Fast

Weekly Calorie Count:
Saturday: 2,110 Calories
Sunday: 2,100 Calories
Monday: 1,270 Calories
Tuesday: 1,680 Calories


Remember, you can follow my twEATS here.

6 comments:

  South Beach Steve

January 13, 2010 at 4:56 AM

Thanks Beej! You know I love lists like this. It is great to find out more about my peers who are on this journey with me. Thanks also for passing it on - I'll post mine this weekend (or sooner) :-)

You are right about Ish's post - it was a good one.

  DadShrinks

January 13, 2010 at 6:41 AM

Beej - you have no idea how much this meant to me this morning. I'm struggling right now, and your message was pretty clear to stop and take the time to remember what's important to you. Thanks buddy, you always bring inspiration to me!

  josie

January 13, 2010 at 8:30 AM

I loved Ish's post too, thank you for reposting it. It can't be said enough, IMO!

Love your list! I know I got wordy with mine, I have a tendency to go on and on...lol. Isn't it great that you have PIZZA and SALAD on the same list? ;-)

  Andrew is getting fit

January 13, 2010 at 4:22 PM

It's great to learn a bit more about everybody!

  Anonymous

January 13, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Great list! I love learning more about people too. I love that part of the "Perfect 10" Challenge is revealing something people don't know about you in your update. It is fun to find things out about people.

I like five of the same things you like...I will let you figure out which five.

  natalie a

January 13, 2010 at 8:36 PM

beej - this is why I love you man - watching other people succeed, you are a gem! and I LOVE that your wife made it to #1...I will give this some thought and try to do the same tomorrow :0)

hope your new year has been good (I'll scan back and spy up on the last 2 weeks) keep up the good work man :)