My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://journeytosanctification.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

My long weekend

Hi gang! I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still here and alive and having fun! I had yesterday off, and as per my usual habit, I didn't post (well, other than my typical Saturday morning weigh-in). Sorry to worry you all! I did eat a little too much this weekend, but it was for a good cause? We celebrated my brother's fiancee's birthday and the birthday of one of my best friends. Their birthdays were in August and July respectively, so, naturally, we decided to have a crawfish boil in January! Look good?



We had some good eats!  We had crawfish (my first time trying them--tasty, but not worth the time for me), tiger shrimp, dungeness crabs, and potatoes and corn.  So good.  Probably had way too much food (which I've estimated below).  We got some good crawfish, too!  We ordered them straight from Louisiana!  I called them on Thursday, and asked about live crawfish, but was informed that they didn't have any.  Bummed out, I ordered the 10 pounds of boiled and frozen, after being told that they would actually be better since they're harvested at the peak of their season.  I got the shipment the next day (they actually build overnight shipping into the cost!), and put it in the fridge the next day.  Not opening the cooler it was shipped in, Anna and I finished our shopping on saturday and returned with an hour and a half before our guests would arrive hungry and ready to eat.  We finally opened the cooler to a moving bag!  It turns out that they shipped us live crawfish after all.  (And yes, I did scream and whimper like a little girl the entire time  of preparing the live mudbugs!)  Here's the full spread:



Also, we saw the Book of Eli, this weekend.  And I loved it.  It's probably one of the best movies I've seen in years.  My pastor even saw it and enjoyed it.  But I'd recommend seeing it before reading his post, since he goes into depth about the movie and plot in his post.  I would highly recommend it. 


Up to Tuesday:
1- 20 minute session on the Treadmill (2.17 miles)
1- 10 minute session on the Stairmaster (317 Calories)
1- 15 minute session on the Elliptical
1 set of 2- 60 second planks

2 sets of 30 second side planks (on each side)
90 sit ups
Walk 2 miles
Read the Bible Daily
Pray Daily
Date with Anna
Fast


Weekly Calorie Count:
Saturday: 2,950 Calories

Sunday: 2,100 Calories
Monday: 2,075 Calories
Tuesday: 875 Calories
Remember, you can follow my twEATS here.

5 comments:

  South Beach Steve

January 20, 2010 at 5:21 AM

You are really looking good Beej!

I would have totally freaked out to have opened the container and seen live crawfish. :-)

I'll have to put this movie on my list of things to go see.

  Shelli Belly

January 20, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Thanks I'll go see the flick. I was questioning it.

  Anonymous

January 20, 2010 at 7:45 PM

The food sure looks great!

I don't think I will The Book of Eli as I think it is too violent for me and I would spend most of the movie with my eyes closed and ears plugged.

  beej

January 20, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Yeah, Kimberley. You're totally right. It is pretty violent, but I think it has a great message. Plus, unfortuately, violence doesn't bother me too much...

  josie

January 21, 2010 at 8:22 AM

eek, better you than me as far as those nasty creatures are concerned. I posted about my experience with crawfish here: http://www.35andshrinking.com/2009/10/24/me-and-my-silly-fear-of-trying-new-food/

you couldn't pay me to eat them, LOL! Looks like you guys had fun though, and I just love that picture of you and Anna!

I'd like to see the Book of Eli as well.