My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://journeytosanctification.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

New Year's Day Resolutions (the outcome)

Run a 5k on New Year's Day: Success!  Time: 30.18 (pace: 9:34 miles)  Here's my route:



Take part in my city's Polar Bear Dip: Success!  (If you look, my twin brother is in white swim trunks at the 0:12 mark; I'm at the 0:17 mark; and my brother's fiance is at the 0:20 mark)



Enjoy lunch at a 2-for-1 Sushi Place: Success! (And we didn't eat that much!  Maybe a little more than we'd usually do it, but definitely not more than usual!)

Seriously, finally, create a budget with Anna. Seriously: Success!  Of course, now keeping on track is another matter.

Friday:
30 sit ups
Walk 3 Miles
Read the Bible Daily
Pray Daily

Total:
3- 20 minute sessions on the Treadmill (2.09 miles; 2.11 miles, 2.14 miles)
3- 10 minute sessions on the Stairmaster (315 Calories; 322 Calories, 319 Calories)
3- 15 minute sessions on the Elliptical
1 set of 2- 60 second planks
1 set of 30 second side planks (on each side)
210 sit ups
Walk 9.5 miles
Read the Bible Daily
Pray Daily
Fast
Go on a Date with Anna


Weekly Calorie Count:
Saturday: no clue...let's say 3,000 Calories (way over-estimating)
Sunday: 2,250 Calories
Monday: 1,275 Calories
Tuesday: 1,964 Calories
Wednesday: 1,310 Calories
Thursday: 2,070 Calories
Friday: 1,805 Calories
Total: 13,674 Calories (average of 1953.43/day)

6 comments:

  South Beach Steve

January 2, 2010 at 5:28 AM

Great job on the 5k Beej! The Polar Bear dip?? I like it cool, but that is a bit much. :-)

  Dadshrinks

January 2, 2010 at 8:19 AM

This comment has been removed by the author.
  Dadshrinks

January 2, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Good job beej - I've always been too chicken to do a Polar Dip, but I think I'll have to add it for next year. Good work!

  beej

January 2, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Thanks Steve & Rick! I also thought that the Polar Bear dip would be uncomfortable, but it really wasn't. All three of us were pretty nervous before we dipped in, but once we got out, we were actually normal (probably a result of all the blood rushing to the skin to protect us).

We'll totally do it each year. (That being said, it wasn't that cold outside: 44 F, with a water temp of 46 F...so it could be way worse in other parts of the country!)

  josie

January 2, 2010 at 9:23 PM

oh my, this post had me LOL'ing!!! That video rocked. I've always seen people do this but never quite understood the appeal, haha! Good on you for setting the goal and doing it! And, a budget?! YAY! I'm doing a happy dance for you and Anna!

  Louisa

January 3, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Well done for taking part in the polar bear dip... but it doesn't look like my idea of fun!

On Christmas day, people voluntarily jump into the outdoor swimming pool in my town and I still don't know why!

Well done for figuring out a budget too. It can be really tough trying to diet when meals cooked from scratch can cost a huge amount more than prepackaged rubbish :(