My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://journeytosanctification.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

2010 Goals

Okay, I'm finally able to give my resolutions goals.  I came up with 5.  I'll list them below in song:



1) I want to walk 500 Miles.  This came as a result of Josie's blog.  She wants to walk 500 miles (about 10 miles a week, each week, all year).  And I think that's a great idea!  I want to do it, and I really want to blow it out of the water!  (But one step at a time, right?)



2) I want to regularly give to our church.  Tithes and offerings are an important part of my spiritual journey.  Giving back to the One who gave me my life, my possessions, and my salvation is essential.  And we were really good about giving at our previous church, but haven't been able to get into the swing of things--but with our new and improved 2010 budget, it's a priority.



3) I want to be free.  Debt free.  Now, this isn't a big deal, really.  I have about $3,500 left on my student loans, and that's about it.  It's not like we have a lot of debt compared to some people, and Anna's really the one who got rid of the rest of the financial baggage I brought in to our marriage, but it sure would be nice to be rid of that last little bit.



4)  I want to have more patience with my driving.  I have never run anyone off the road or anything like that, but I am a little too quick with the horn (hence the song?); and I get way too worked up because of traffic.  I really don't like traffic, but I usually do leave with plenty of time to get to where I'm going, even with a bunch of traffic.  So yeah, just more patience on the road would be awesome.



5) I want to entertain more.  God has blessed Anna and I with a modestly nice home, and it's been on my heart to have people over to enjoy the place--it can be anything, such as a BBQ, a game night, a movie night, or hosting a small group meeting.  



6)  I want to read.  At least 15 books.  I have a small library of books that I haven't read yet, and if I ever want to buy my e-reader, I need to get through those books!  I'd really like to read 25 books, but my goal is only for 15.

(Caution, more may come in the next couple of days...)

2 comments:

  South Beach Steve

January 2, 2010 at 5:27 AM

A great list of goals Beej. I suspect the 500 miles will be easily achieved for you, but as you say, one step at a time. I wish you and Anna the best in 2010!

  josie

January 2, 2010 at 9:27 PM

love, love, love this post of yours!!!! And I'm honored that you're walking the 500 too! (hopefully more!)

love Francesca Battistelli's voice.

Hoping you reach all your goals and more in 2010!!!