My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://journeytosanctification.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Perfect 10: week 4

- Walk 12 miles a week (done)
- Do front (2x60) and side (1x30/side) planks 3 days a week. (done)
- Keep on our budget. (not great as we wrap up the month; but it's the first month, so it'll get better as we go on.)
- Hit and exceed my initial weight loss goal--and start a new one. (I'll be closer this week, I think.)
- Read 4 books (done with one and 1/2 way through another)
- Only use my horn for avoiding traffic collisions. (I used it three times, but only once was it to not avoid an accident.  Crazy days...)
- Cook dinner at home 4 times a week (done)
- Go on 3 hikes (none yet, but there's still time)

My interesting tidbit: I have 4 brothers.  Nah, that's not the whole bit, that's only the start.  We grew up in cramped quarters: we had a single-wide trailer with an added dining room, living room, and bedroom.  It was about 1,000 square feet.  For 6 people (my oldest brother was already at college).  My two oldest brothers shared the "master bedroom" that also had a working toilet in it--in the corner of the room (very prisonesque).  My twin brother shared the other, smaller bedroom...with a washing machine and dryer...and one of the back doors--I'm not sure if it was a bedroom, or should have been a mud room.  And my parents slept in a hide-a-bed in the living room.  Ahh....those were the days!

Friday:
1- 15 minute session on the Elliptical

1- 20 minute session on the Treadmill (2.15 miles)
1- 10 minute session on the Stairmaster (332 Calories)
Walk 4.75 miles
Read the Bible Daily
Pray Daily
Fast Day

Total:

4- 15 minute sessions on the Elliptical
4- 20 minute sessions on the Treadmill (2.40 miles; 2.12 miles, 2.05 miles, 215 miles)
4- 10 minute sessions on the Stairmaster (331 Calories; 345 Calories, 347 Calories, 332 Calories)
3 sets of 2- 60 second planks
5 sets of 30 second side planks (on each side)
210 sit ups
Walk 12.75 miles
Read the Bible Daily
Pray Daily
Date with Anna
2 Fast Days

3 comments:

  Helen

January 30, 2010 at 5:33 AM

My husband also grew up with 5 siblings, 2 parents and usually a couple of his cousins living in their house. He and his brother used to rotate sleeping between the attic and the basement. Attic in winter, basement in summer. Amazing what we can adapt to if we have to, right?

  South Beach Steve

January 30, 2010 at 6:40 AM

It is funny how different times are now. If someone said that is how they lived, we would feel sorry for them, but yet you guys made it just fine, or presumably you did anyhow. My wife's five aunts and uncles, along with her mom, all shared a room for several years - boys and girls.

I hope this is the week you hit your goal Beej!

  Anonymous

January 30, 2010 at 8:06 PM

That is a lot of brothers in one small space. I can't even imagine.

Great work on the goals!!!