My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://journeytosanctification.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Week 19


Weight: 314.2

Weight lost in one week: 3.0
Total weight lost: 54.2
Average weekly weight loss: 2.85

Weight left to lose: 74.2
Weeks left at average loss: 26.03
Estimated total weeks: 45.03 (about 10.39 months)

My goals from now on will be focused on exercise. After all, one of my goals is to become healthy, not just lose weight. Of course, increasing my exercise will undoubtedly result in weight loss (as long as I eat the same--or, even better, less--as last week, which wasn't very good anyway). I just need to make sure that I'm focusing in the right places. I think I might toy with adding "arms" to my workout routine, but that's not official yet. And, once I get below 300 pounds, I think I'll either replace the elliptical with the treadmill, or at least supplement it.

Burn 2,800 Calories on the elliptical
4 3 mile walks
Do 600 calf raises
Do 275 sit ups
Jump rope for 15 minutes
Try planks

Please keep praying for my journey--the increase in comments has really been encouraging! And may God bless you all on your journeys. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you or pray for.

7 comments:

  South Beach Steve

August 16, 2009 at 7:09 AM

Great goals for the week BJ! I am going to make it my personal mission this week to harass you if you don't try planks. :-) I think you are right on target by focusing more on the exercise. It takes a good diet and good exercise to maximize our potential when it comes to fitness and weight loss.

  Ehren

August 16, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Great weight loss for the week. It doesn't matter when you get to your ideal weight, just as long as you keep chugging along and you are doing a great job at doing that. And by the way, where you are living is a place that I've always thought would be the place that I'd love to try to live. I love the rain.

  DadShrinks

August 17, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Great job!

Interesting comments you made about elliptical versus treadmill. I'm at 319lbs, and can do the treadmill for 30 mins walking, but my knees die on me when I try to use the elliptical.

Keep up the great work!

  Ricky

August 17, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Great work. You are doing such an awesome job!

  beej

August 18, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, Steve!

Ehren, the rain is quite wonderful, I have to admit...of course, we're having a really dry summer--like 3 days of rain in the last 95, and a couple of weeks ago, the temp got up to 103 (seriously, for here, that's hot!!)

DadShrinks, isn't it funny how people can handle different things? Glad the treadmill works for you!

Ricky, thanks for the comments, you're a blessing! (I'm sure youknow what I'm talking about with the weather--you live in Vancouver, BC right?)

  Ricky

August 20, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I know exactly what you mean about the weather. It has been one of the hottest summers ever.

  Kim

August 20, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Great job!! I just found your blog thru South Beach Steve. Keep going...you can do this!