My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://journeytosanctification.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Confessions and Clam Dig

Okay, so I have 2 confessions to make.

  1. I haven't done the Shelli Belly Student Challenge yet. I planned on doing it this morning, but we went to bed late, and I needed some sleep. But I'll do it. I will do it by Tuesday, though. Promise, Shelli (and students!).
  2. I've been weighing myself daily again. A while back, I said that I was only going to weigh myself once a week. But, honestly? The stress was too much. I found myself unable to really focus on my exercise and eating in a healthy way--I was too worried about the effect everything would or wouldn't have on my weight. It was ridiculous. So, I'm back to weighing myself every day if not more often. And I actually feel free!
In other news, today we went on a clam dig. We started out at 8:30 in the morning, drove out to the Olympic Penninsula, and dig our 40 clams each (that was quite a challenge, since we're very amateur). And some of us went over and shucked our 18 oysters a piece. We didn't end up getting back home until almost 7 in the evening. Whew, what a great experience. And here are some pictures from our experience.

Us Before.  Notice my VFFs?  And Anna's super cute boots? 

Yeah, those are ALL oysters.  Yummy! 
  
Oh, sweet Anna, yes, you are going to get dirty playing in the mud... 

My VFFs really held up well--even walking over crushed (and soon to be crushed) oyster shells.

My first time shucking oysters.

Success!

And to top the great day off, we went to my old High School's production of Into the Woods. I have to say, though I love almost every musical out there (and am a HUGE fan of musical theater), Into the Woods is probably the most creative pece of storytelling out there. I really love it. I have to say, though, it took a while for it to grow on me.

Spilling Hope Update:
Sponsors: Josie ($0.25), Ricky ($0.50), Shelli ($0.25), Kim ($0.25), Ish ($0.25) Thanks Sponsors!!
Total Miles: 27
Total money raised: $140.50

Saturday:
50 situps
25 push ups
3 mile run
prayed
read the bible
read my devotion

Total:
72 minutes on elliptical
134 minutes on exercise bike
36 minutes on stair stepper
12 minutes on treadmill
ran 6 miles
450 situps
125 push ups
prayed
read the bible
read my devotion
2 dates with Anna
fast

Weekly Calorie Count:
Sunday: xx
Monday: 2,150 Calories
Tuesday: 2,020 Calories
Wednesday: 2,225 Calories
Thursday: 2,785 Calories
Friday: 1,670 Calories
Saturday: 1,840 Calories

Daily Average: 2,115 Calories.

3 comments:

  Alison

May 2, 2010 at 12:21 PM

I love Into the Woods, probably one of my faves. Of course I love anything Sondheim. Clams YUM, oysters YUCK :P

  South Beach Steve

May 2, 2010 at 1:17 PM

This is something I have never done. Of course, I am not a big fan of clams either.

  Shelli Belly

May 2, 2010 at 3:11 PM

What a great adventure and then to finish it all off with some culture, well that's a perfect day.

Glad you chose to sleep in.