My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://journeytosanctification.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

How I'll Celebrate (updated)

I forgot to add in one more part of my workout routine I addded!  (See below.)

I was talking with my best friend/brother the other day and told him that I was approaching the 300 mark.  He asked what I was going to do to celebrate/reward myself for reaching that milestone.  At first, I said, "Buffet!"  But that was a joke.  I'm serious!  It was...you gotta believe me!  :)  But then I really started thinking about it.  And you know what?  I don't think I'm going to do a dang thing.  Because, seriously, what is there to celebrate? 

"I'm 1/2 way there!"  But I'm not there yet.  There's nothing to celebrate.

"I'm under 300!"  Yeah, but why should I have EVER been over 300?  That's like rewarding a dog for not peeing on the carpet.  I mean, come on--he's not supposed to do that anyways!!  I shouldn't get a reward for being less fat.  I'm not trying to be hard on myself, I'm just trying not to relax.  You know?

I don't think I'll even try to do something big when I hit 240.  That's where I should be.  A celebration would be fun, but I really don't think I'll deserve a reward.  That's not why I'm doing this.  Being healthy will be my reward.  Living longer will be my reward.  Giving my hot wife a hot husband will be my reward. 

But really?  I'll still try to convince Anna to let me buy something while we're down in Portland, Or. this weekend.

My totals:

Thursday:
0.5 Hours on the Elliptical
10 Minutes on the Treadmill (yeah, it wasn't so bad.  I'll be adding this to my goals for the week.  Very excited about this!!)
1- 3 Mile Walk
180 Calf Raises
50 Sit-Ups
Jump Rope for 5 Minutes
1- 60 Second Planks
Read the Bible
Prayed

Total:
2.0 Hours on the Elliptical
10 Minutes on the Treadmill
2- 3 Mile Walks
700 Calf Raises
300 Sit-Ups
Jump Rope for 15 Minutes
Up To 5 -30 Second Planks
Read Bible (minus a day)
Prayed Daily

Remaining:
0.5 Hour on the Elliptical
3- 3 mile walks
50 sit ups
Jump rope for 5 minutes
Build up to 5- 30 second Planks (per day)--well, I'm there, but I need to do it for the rest of the week.
Read the Bible Daily
Pray Daily
Go on one date with my wife

3 comments:

  Kimberley

September 4, 2009 at 9:04 AM

I have to politely disagree with you. I do think you deserve a reward, a celebration, a pat on the back etc. as you achieve memorable milestones.

You don't have to get a new car or anything like that but maybe a book you were thinking of getting, a new shirt or something like that.

It takes so much hard work and determination to lose weight. Reward yourself because you are worth it!

  mr. nonis

September 4, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Maybe you're right, Kimberley. I should celebrate, but I'm just really worried that I'll trick myself into thinking that I'm there. That I can relax (I'm very suseptible to that kind of thinking...). You know what I mean?

  South Beach Steve

September 4, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I think I would celebrate by giving yourself another great day towards your weight loss and fitness goals. I am not opposed to celebrations, but I also think that celebrations have turned into issues for me in the past. Of course, that is just me. One thing is for sure, you do deserve a big congratulations. Sure, you should have never been over 300; nevertheless, you were. Now you are doing what it takes to fix that. For that, my friend, you deserve a pat on the back.

By the way, grats on a 60 second plank!